Here at Zeum, we talk a lot about the power of imagination starters in the creative process. We have observed that if you give a child (or an adult!) a blank sheet of paper and ask them to draw something interesting, the vast expanse of white can be incredibly intimidating. Furthermore, there is often a sense that as soon as you draw that first line on the page, you have ‘ruined’ the perfectly clean paper. To counteract this, Zeum advocates building ‘imagination starters’ into activities that provide a prompt/launchpad for creative ideas. These imagination starters might be a story prompt, the start of a sketch, or even modeling the activity to show kids how they might use the materials.
What is the Children’s Creativity Museum?The Children's Creativity Museum (formerly Zeum) is a hands-on, multimedia arts and technology experience for kids. We envision a world where the 3Cs of 21st-century literacy - Creativity, Collaboration and Communication - inspire new ideas and innovative solutions. We are a nonprofit 501(c)(3), community-based organization.
Made possible in part by:An Anonymous Donor, Cathay Bank, Dean and Margaret Lesher Foundation, Edelman, The Hearst Foundation, Inc., House Family Foundation, The Joseph R. McMicking Foundation, Robert Half International, and U.S. Bank.
- RT @WonderWorkshop: New Challenge Card Box Set! Hours of #play packed into 72 challenges for Dash & Dot robots #coding #play2learn #play ht… 3 days ago
- Tonight, we are open until 7 pm for our members and their guests. Join us after work and play with your children. https://t.co/f5V57jJpgD 3 days ago
- “Doing these 9 Things Will Improve Your Creativity” by @larrykim medium.com/the-mission/do… 3 days ago
- Open Wed.-Sun. from 10 -4 for families and children ages 2-12. twitter.com/MosconeCenter/… 4 days ago
- The Missing Autistic Girls edut.to/2wWy0oM 4 days ago