Here at Zeum, we talk a lot about the power of imagination starters in the creative process. We have observed that if you give a child (or an adult!) a blank sheet of paper and ask them to draw something interesting, the vast expanse of white can be incredibly intimidating. Furthermore, there is often a sense that as soon as you draw that first line on the page, you have ‘ruined’ the perfectly clean paper. To counteract this, Zeum advocates building ‘imagination starters’ into activities that provide a prompt/launchpad for creative ideas. These imagination starters might be a story prompt, the start of a sketch, or even modeling the activity to show kids how they might use the materials.
What is the Children’s Creativity Museum?The Children's Creativity Museum (formerly Zeum) is a hands-on, multimedia arts and technology experience for kids. We envision a world where the 3Cs of 21st-century literacy - Creativity, Collaboration and Communication - inspire new ideas and innovative solutions. We are a nonprofit 501(c)(3), community-based organization.
Made possible in part by:An Anonymous Donor, Cathay Bank, Dean and Margaret Lesher Foundation, Edelman, The Hearst Foundation, Inc., House Family Foundation, The Joseph R. McMicking Foundation, Robert Half International, and U.S. Bank.
- Support creativity for ALL children in our community. Give now creativity.org/support-creati… https://t.co/m7QhHAPc7S 14 hours ago
- After #BaytoBreakers bring the family to visit the Children's Creativity Museum. Open Sunday 10 am to 4pm https://t.co/1eET0qoJPX 1 day ago
- No Grade Is Too Early for Flexible Seating edut.to/2o2Gyq4 4 days ago
- RT @BACTheatre: Thanks for the great weekend San Ramon! @creativitykids see you next weekend! https://t.co/l4WE4soRXu 4 days ago
- Visit us or another favorite museum, it's #InternationalMuseumDay. https://t.co/n3inrIkJk2 4 days ago