Here at Zeum, we talk a lot about the power of imagination starters in the creative process. We have observed that if you give a child (or an adult!) a blank sheet of paper and ask them to draw something interesting, the vast expanse of white can be incredibly intimidating. Furthermore, there is often a sense that as soon as you draw that first line on the page, you have ‘ruined’ the perfectly clean paper. To counteract this, Zeum advocates building ‘imagination starters’ into activities that provide a prompt/launchpad for creative ideas. These imagination starters might be a story prompt, the start of a sketch, or even modeling the activity to show kids how they might use the materials.
What is the Children’s Creativity Museum?The Children's Creativity Museum (formerly Zeum) is a hands-on, multimedia arts and technology experience for kids. We envision a world where the 3Cs of 21st-century literacy - Creativity, Collaboration and Communication - inspire new ideas and innovative solutions. We are a nonprofit 501(c)(3), community-based organization.
Made possible in part by:An Anonymous Donor, Cathay Bank, Dean and Margaret Lesher Foundation, Edelman, The Hearst Foundation, Inc., House Family Foundation, The Joseph R. McMicking Foundation, Robert Half International, and U.S. Bank.
- Starting tomorrow #SPRINGBREAK activities. Join us for soaring seed, biome builders, eco-toss and garden shapes.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 6 hours ago
- Fighting for Emilie: Airline softball team to hold benefit for cancer patient shreveporttimes.com/story/sports/h… via @shreveporttimes 8 hours ago
- Congratulations @WonderWorkshop winners Pink Eagles and X-plode. We love #dashanddot as much as you do. https://t.co/AaX6mtp1jP 9 hours ago
- “Be So Prolific, They Can’t Ignore You” by @Alltopstartups medium.com/the-mission/be… 1 day ago
- RT @munchanka: Took the man-cub to a @BACTheatre show at @creativitykids. Highly recommend it for Bay Area parents and cephalopod plush en… 1 day ago